Aug 30, 2012

Happy anniversary and Suite 404 prints...


























































I completely forgot the first anniversary of this little blog and I have to admit I am pretty mad about it...
Last year, on August 28th, I wrote my first post. I was hopeful and eager to get going with my little shop dreams and quite frankly I had a completely unrealistic idea of exactly how much work this adventure would require. It seems that for me that's how it always works though. A dream pops into my head and I start putting things in motion to make that dream a reality and I think it's going to happen easily and with reasonable amount of effort...for instance, merely because I though it up makes it easily attainable right? Not so much...this is also why I don't have a six pack...yet...but a girl can dream...and should...

While in the past year I didn't accomplish what I set out to do exactly, I learned so much. I learned that it takes insane amounts of time, dedication, discipline and focus. I learned that equipment will malfunction and every step in the process has to work just right or else you have to start from scratch. I learned that balancing a full time job, photography and the dream to open up a shop might be too much...but I shrugged my shoulders and carried on anyway. I learned that support is crucial (thank heavens for an understanding husband). I learned how to manage time better and that I can't and won't give up...

So, full steam ahead. I am close...so close!
The prints above are part of the first "collection" and I'm nervous sharing them because I hope people will enjoy them as much as I do. There's a nice pile of these building up right next to the alphabets piles, ready for listing...just waiting...

As I write this I am curious about what the following year will bring. I know for sure there will be some additions in equipment to our little studio, the first of which I am picking up in about a week or so (more on that later). I know for sure that the shop will be opened finally...but most importantly I know that want to keep working away at this all day every day...and right now that is all I need to know.

So, thank you for reading along and supporting me with your kind comments this past year...you all mean so much to me. Cheers to many many more anniversaries...even if I forget them...

Photos and art by me, Kinga Subject

2 comments:

leah of sang the bird said...

Happy blogiversay. I have no doubt that your shop will be wonderful. Great things take time xx

Hilary said...

Congratulations my dear! I enjoyed following your journey over the past year. And the prints are darling. I especially love the elephants!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...