Jan 23, 2013

The ongoing chalkboard project...revived...

Hello friends. Quite a long while ago I shared with you this fun piece of art that we have in our loft...I call it "the ongoing chalkboard project" because it was supposed to be, you know, ongoing.
 
You may read the previous posts about it here and here, but the basic idea was to change the chalk drawing on this art every week (the black is actually chalkboard paint). Well, every week, at that time, turned out to be too much, but that's about to change. I have been really enjoying switching it up from time to time and have even been documenting the changes so I will be sharing them with you in hopes of reviving this fun project.
 
There are a few amazing things about having a piece of art in your home that continues to shift, change and evolve. Firstly, the chalk from previous drawings doesn't always wash away easily so little ghost images are left behind. Secondly, there is a feeling of newness in the space; you know the feeling you get when you switch out throw cushions, or get a new rug or a lamp and for just a little while your space feels completely new and fresh. It's a great feeling! Thirdly, and this being my favourite, people don't notice right away (my husband) and then in the middle of stirring the soup on the stove mid sentence he says "Hey, that's cool..." 
 
Anyway, I look forward to sharing more of this with you...more consistently, and I hope you're having a great Wednesday!
 
Photo by me, evolving art also by me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...